

My dad shares season tickets with a few friends to the Bees games, Salt Lake's AAA baseball team, and we have a great time going to the games. Steve already left for his ER preceptorship in St. Louis, so I went to a game with my parents and Sarah. I tried to explain the game to Sarah, but she could care less. I really thought she'd like the idea of the swinging bat and the flying ball, but she was mostly enthralled with the mascot, the Bee. If she wasn't eating her foot long hot dog or sipping on her 48 oz. root beer she was watching and screaming for the Bee.
I love going to baseball games...I practically grew up at the baseball park. With two brothers and a dad who all played on teams for as long as I can remember and ate, slept, and dreamt baseball from March to October, I could either curse the sport or embrace it. (But I really didn't have a choice....I was to embrace it.) I remember learning all the names and nicknames of my brothers' teammates and nagging at their apponents. I remember playing in the sand by the dugout. I remember sneaking off to by tiny boxes of Nerds for 10 cents, and my mom always finding out about it. I remember long, hot days at Bywater Park, then on to night games at Ken Price Field as my brothers got older and always having so much fun. It was about the time my oldest brother Nate graduated from High School that the Bees (then they were called the Buzz) came to SLC. It was just natural to keep going to baseball games. I love the atmosphere of baseball...the smells, the lingo, the hot dogs, the waiting for the incredible double play or the occasional home run. It's just the best and I'm so glad that my family continues to carry on the tradition of baseball. Whenever we get together as a family we still play woofle ball and we have a great time!


No comments:
Post a Comment