Year 1: Freshman year at BYU...lots of late nights at Hinckley Hall and not much studying, but made lifelong friends and had a blast. I went to Vienna, Austria for a study abroad in the spring and although I didn't learn much German, I had an unforgettable time and decided to go on a mission while there.
Year 2: Sophomore year at BYU...moved into Liberty Square with three of my best friends and still didn't do a ton of studying, but had a great time. I did the Jerusalem study abroad that spring with my brother Josh, where he met his wife Jessy.
Year 3: Ran the St. George marathon for the first time, went into the MTC 3 days later. Began my mission in the Washington, D.C. South mission.
Year 4: Still on my mission....gotta love D.C.!
Year 5: Back at BYU living with great roommates. Ran the St. George marathon the second time, worked at the MTC, tried out nursing as a possible major, but changed my mind after a year.
Year 6: Still at BYU, now studying community health education, got involved in BYUSA (sort of like BYU's student gov't.) as an officer in campus activities, did the St. George marathon a third and final time. Went to Senegal, Africa as part of a humanitarian aid effort.
Year 7: STILL at BYU...but definitely graduating this year. Still involved in BYUSA as VP of campus activities. Married Steve on December 30, 2003--one of the greatest days of my life.
Year 8: Done with school, but worked a series of dead-end jobs until I was hired for my dream career as an event planner at XanGo, an international health company.
Year 9: Worked at XanGo, traveled the world, met many interesting people and saw many fascinating things. Sarah was born Nov. 20, 2005--another incredible day.
Year 10: Steve and I moved to MO where he is currently attending medical school. We love it here! Sarah is now 21 months and we're expecting baby #2 in October. Should be another great day! It's been a great ten years and I hope the next ten will be just as fun and exciting.
So, about the reunion...it was a lot more fun than I thought it would be. I honestly thought I would stay for dinner and a few minutes later, but I was one of the last to leave! For some groups it seemed the walls were still up and impenetrable, but for the most part my former classmates had all grown up nicely and turned into very civilized, interesting people. Unfortunately, Steve wasn't able to go because he was backpacking with my dad somewhere in the wilderness. He would have had a great time bumping into all his old flames and football buddies...they'll have to catch him in another ten.


3 comments:
Wow Kasey! What an INCREDIBLE 10 years! It took me just as long to graduate from college, though sadly I don't have marathons, a mission, and study abroads involved. Just a lot of moving and major changes! Ha! It was nice to be done though finally. And I didn't know you did community health ed ... that was one of my majors at one point! And the job you scored afterwards sounds more than incredible. And you went to do humanitarian work in Africa too? You are as amazing as ever!
It was so fun to see you at the reunion! And I'm glad we got together again later and I got to see Steve. I know I brought my camera, but I'm bummed I didn't get any pictures. I really thought some of Gretta and Sarah would have been cute, but next time I guess. I'm so glad you're blogging so we can keep in touch!
How fun! Your post has given me a trip down memory lane, and it was a nice walk. :) Sounds like you've been having a great life Kasey!
I agree, what an incredible 10 years. You go girl!
Post a Comment