Tuesday, August 21, 2007

KCOM Lawnmower Man



Steve and a few of his friends created this short clip for the incoming student orentation. You may think riding to school on a lawnmower is a bit ridiculous, but I've actually seen (on more than one occasion, mind you) two grown men driving on a lawnmower around town. I guess it's a cultural experience around here!


Also, you may notice that these guys all have terrible facial hair...it's what is known as the "osteostache." Steve had this brilliant idea that all the second year students should grow a mustache as a way to bond and welcome the new students. I don't really understand how growing facial hair accomplishes these objectives, but the idea caught on like wildfire. Within a few days all my friends were quite angry with me for Steve's awesome idea of the "osteostache." Perhaps it would be better if they could actually grow facial hair, or if Magnum P.I. were still on TV, or if there would have been a prize for the best 'stache....but apparently, the reward of male bonding trumps all these!

Rumor has it that this is the first video of many more...I'll keep you in the loop as they come. It's been a huge hit at school and Steve is revelling in its success. Hope you enjoy!

4 comments:

jayne said...

I know you don't know me, but you've probably at least seen my name somewhere with SAA. I'm just bored and going through other peoples blogs! That video is HILARIOUS! I'm starting to crack up again just thinking about it. So Kirksville...........
Jayne Crook

Melanie said...

OH my GOSH! Kasey and Steve, that is hilarious! I love it, love it, love it! I will be watching it multiple times, maybe just on days when it's cloudy and I need a good laugh. You guys are too funny. The osteostaches add the perfect touch! I'm excited to see more!

TerriLyn said...

Kasey, I thought this was hillarious. My college roommates and I used to make videos like this all the time...without the mustaches of course. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

HA HA HA!! Awesome!