Sunday, April 20, 2008

Time Out

Sarah is starting to realize her opinion and isn't afraid to voice it. Unfortunately this also means that she spends a lot of time on the step in time out. The rule is that once she calms down she spends between one and two minutes on the step. Then we talk about the disobedient behavior and move on. Tonight Sarah wanted a cookie that she wasn't allowed to have and so she threw a tantrum, which landed her on the step. After many minutes of crying and banging on the step it looked like Sarah was going to stop. Steve then asked her if she was ready to stop crying, to which she answered a very obstinate "NO!" Steve and I had the hardest time keeping from laughing in front of her...it just hit us so funny that she knew she wasn't done crying. So she sat there for another five minutes. Once she was off she was back to her happy old self. I guess this is part of the Terrible Twos.

1 comment:

Saysha said...

That is so funny about the 'time-out' for Sarah. Yesterday at church I told Abby if she didn't stop crying in nursery I was going to have Nate take her home and put her down for a nap...which unfortunately backfired because she got all excited when I 'threatened' her with that. It's such a toss up figuring out punishments for kids! And Sarah gave Abby a sweet hug in nursery when she was crying too...she's such a sweetheart!