Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I love my kids!

I don't think Sarah's been feeling 100% today because she's been in a very cuddly mood.  Earlier I today I was kind of bothered by it because I was trying to do my morning routine and the cuddling wasn't really part of all the laundry and dishes.  But then we took a few minutes and just cuddled.  It was a great little break and I had a chance to think how much I love this little girl.  I just put Sarah down for her nap and as I was leaving she told me she loved me.  I feel so blessed to be a mother and to be entrusted with this incredible little person.    Being a mom isn't easy or glamorous, but moments like these make it all worth it.  I am also so grateful for little Grant.  He is a little more intense than Sarah, but I love him just the same.  He is getting so big and his personality is starting to come out so much.  It's so fun to watch him discover the world around him and laugh (or cry) about it all.

A funny sidenote:  About a half hour after I wrote that above, I heard whispering in Sarah's room.  I went in to find her in the middle of her big bed with three books that she was reading  The whole I time I thought she was asleep and then I find her reading!  Love that girl!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

That is so sweet! You are a great mom, Kasey. I love it that she was reading in her room the whole time. Ha! Anyway, good job taking time to cuddle. I know sometimes I feel like I just don't have the time to spare...but as my husband would say in a really cheesy voice, "there's always time for love."

Melanie said...

So sweet! Those are the moments that make all the hard moments (OK, sometimes hours and days) worth it!

tiffany said...

Don't you just love the little moments? It sounds like you are finding the light there is to find in the day to day. For me, that is more than half the battle!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Fragmentadora de Papel, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://fragmentadora-de-papel.blogspot.com. A hug.