Sunday, December 13, 2009

I am happy

Today I woke up with the thought rolling through my mind that I am so happy. I don't have all that I want. We are in a lot of debt due to Steve's schooling and my staying home with the kids. I'm not perfect and I have a lot to work on. My kids aren't always obedient & nice. My health is not perfect. But I still woke up so happy. Despite all the things that aren't exactly perfect, I really am happy. I've gone through some things lately that have made me acutely aware of how my willingness to live the simple gospel is in direct correlation with my happiness. And I am trying to be willing to live it simply. It's funny how I thought I already learned this lesson, but I guess I need to re-learn it. So glad I am.

No comments: