Monday, December 14, 2009

Grant

  • Grant is two and I don't really feel like he's hit the "Terrible Two" stage yet. He is generally very happy and willing to do whatever we are up to. He loves to help and play.
  • When I say,"Pssst" Grant smiles, tilts his head, and says, "I yud you." (I love you.)
  • He is talking so much more, but I still can't understand a lot of what he says. When I can't make it out, I ask Sarah if she knows what he's talking about. I'm surprised by how much she can understand...but when she can't decipher his words we both giggle and laugh about how funny he is.
  • Grant is all boy...everything becomes a sword to him. A spoon, a glue stick, a shoe...all can be swords and he picks it up and says, "Fight! Fight!" with a big smile.
  • He loves the Disney characters Woody, Robin Hood, and Peter Pan. He found a knife from the play kitchen and has decided it's his favorite Peter Pan/Robin Hood sword. He takes it everywhere, even to bed
  • Unfortunately, we don't have any boy dress-ups, so he's forced to be very creative with princess things. Luckily, Sarah has a few wands that become swords!
  • Grant is a bit of a pack rat. He chooses a favorite little something and then carries it around for the next three days. A car will always do the trick, but lately he's loved his Peter Pan sword (from the play kitchen), his little puppy from Scott, a measuring tape, a wooden dowel, any tool from his play tool set, and an assortment of small balls.

No comments: