Thursday, April 30, 2009

Good for the Soul

Over New Year's, Nate said that skiing in Utah was "good for the soul." I felt that today. I was able to go running all by myself this morning (thanks to a friend who is doing a kid-swap with me). The last five minutes of my run it began to rain. It was about 55 degrees and the rain was soft...perfect! I love the smell of new rain and the feeling of a finished workout. I know my body is capable of healing itself and every time I push my body without injury I feel a small victory. I love feeling my quads burn (just a bit), my lungs fill with air and empty completely, my mind clear as I get outside my house and my world. Those few moments this morning were truly good for the soul.



These pictures were taken last fall at Elizabeth Park, just 1 1/2 blocks from our house. We love being so close to the park and when the weather is good, we go almost every day. There is a 1.2 mile loop around the park and it goes right along the Detroit River. There is a pony livery, great playground, skatepark, fishing and boats, ducks/squirrels/deer, nature paths, and lots of community activities. It just might be our favorite part of living in Michigan.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Way to go with the running, Kasey. I totally agree...running (and exercise in general) is just plain good for the soul. I hope all is well with you and the fam. It was so fun to see you at Braden and Ashley's b-day party. your kids are uber cute.

tiffany said...

Looks like so much fun! Don't you love the phil and ted? We have it for the boys, and it brings me such joy!