First, Grant loves trains. We are lucky enough to live by some major train tracks. We get stopped by trains quite often, which for the normal person is an annoyance. But for Grant, it's the highlight of his day. He points and makes his train sound (which sounds more like "shhhh shhhh" than "choo choo") then makes the motion of pulling the whistle. Because of his fascination with trains we've been reading our two train books over and over and over. I love to see him get excited about something and be able to express it. It's no secret that I'm a bit worried about his speech, but I think he'll be just fine. He totally understands what we're saying. It's just that he has a tough time forming the appropriate sounds. I guess I'm starting to understand what the different grunts mean. He does do a few signs (please, more, thank you), but only when it involves something tasty, like chocolate pie! But his favorite word/grunt is for the train or car.
Second, because we've been reading our train books Sarah has learned a wonderful life lesson. We love to read The Little Engine That Could. The other day I told Sarah that she had to use the bathroom before having her nap. She told me that she didn't have to go, but I insisted and she ended up sitting on the pot. I left her alone to clean up the kitchen and I could hear her repeating something in her little squeaky voice. I snuck over to the bathroom and heard her saying to herself, "I think I can. I think I can. I think I can." My heart melted. She is so sweet and tender. I just love her!
Friday, April 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment