Once in Nauvoo we checked into our hotel and had a great time. First on our list was swimming, as Sarah has been talking about going to the pool with Annie since last summer when when they went to Annie's apartment pool. Then Saturday morning Annie and I went to a session while Mom watched the kids. It was so relaxing and renewing to be in the temple. I really miss the days of regular and frequent temple attendance. Distance from the temple makes me appreciate it so much more. Also, the Nauvoo temple has such an amazing spirit. The early saints went through so much to build it and it's such a blessing to be there in the rebuilt temple. Anyway, after our session, Mom went and then we all met up for a wagon ride which was Sarah's very favorite thing of the trip. On Sunday we went to church and then saw more sites and then walked the Trail of Tears (the 1/2 mile stretch of road that leads to the Mississippi--it's quite sobering to walk it and think of all the saints as they left all that was comfortable to head into a lot of unanswered questions). Then the kids and I headed back home and Mom and Annie headed east. I was so grateful for their visit. It was fun to show Annie and Mom where we live, but most of all it was just fun to have them here. We laughed the whole time and I can't wait for more visits from family.
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Nauvoo
Mom and Annie stopped off in Kirksville for a couple days on their way to Vermont. It was so fun to have both of them here. We had a whirlwind 36 hours of cleaning out closets (Annie's current style helped me get rid of at least half my closet!), eating out (thanks Mom!), hair cutting ("oh Mom, I'm SO sorry, I 'm SO sorry..."), hair dying, and laughing at all our dancing skills. On Friday afternoon we headed to Nauvoo--unfortunately, Steve had to stay home and study. On our way to Nauvoo we ran into water....literally water covered the road. We stopped and were stunned. "What do we do now?" I never have run into that in my life. It was kind of funny, but then we turned around and took a 45 minute detour to Nauvoo.
Once in Nauvoo we checked into our hotel and had a great time. First on our list was swimming, as Sarah has been talking about going to the pool with Annie since last summer when when they went to Annie's apartment pool. Then Saturday morning Annie and I went to a session while Mom watched the kids. It was so relaxing and renewing to be in the temple. I really miss the days of regular and frequent temple attendance. Distance from the temple makes me appreciate it so much more. Also, the Nauvoo temple has such an amazing spirit. The early saints went through so much to build it and it's such a blessing to be there in the rebuilt temple. Anyway, after our session, Mom went and then we all met up for a wagon ride which was Sarah's very favorite thing of the trip. On Sunday we went to church and then saw more sites and then walked the Trail of Tears (the 1/2 mile stretch of road that leads to the Mississippi--it's quite sobering to walk it and think of all the saints as they left all that was comfortable to head into a lot of unanswered questions). Then the kids and I headed back home and Mom and Annie headed east. I was so grateful for their visit. It was fun to show Annie and Mom where we live, but most of all it was just fun to have them here. We laughed the whole time and I can't wait for more visits from family.

Annie, Sarah, Grant, and me in front of the temple. Love the tulips!
"No autographs, please!" Sarah is getting styled up in Annie's cute shoes a big sunglasses.
This is the road that was covered in the swollen Mississippi. Crazy!
The view from the water-covered road. I thought it was so pretty I couldn't resist snapping a shot.
Grant, Mom, Annie, & Sarah in our hotel room.
Once in Nauvoo we checked into our hotel and had a great time. First on our list was swimming, as Sarah has been talking about going to the pool with Annie since last summer when when they went to Annie's apartment pool. Then Saturday morning Annie and I went to a session while Mom watched the kids. It was so relaxing and renewing to be in the temple. I really miss the days of regular and frequent temple attendance. Distance from the temple makes me appreciate it so much more. Also, the Nauvoo temple has such an amazing spirit. The early saints went through so much to build it and it's such a blessing to be there in the rebuilt temple. Anyway, after our session, Mom went and then we all met up for a wagon ride which was Sarah's very favorite thing of the trip. On Sunday we went to church and then saw more sites and then walked the Trail of Tears (the 1/2 mile stretch of road that leads to the Mississippi--it's quite sobering to walk it and think of all the saints as they left all that was comfortable to head into a lot of unanswered questions). Then the kids and I headed back home and Mom and Annie headed east. I was so grateful for their visit. It was fun to show Annie and Mom where we live, but most of all it was just fun to have them here. We laughed the whole time and I can't wait for more visits from family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
What a fun visit! Love those two! Annie always reminds me of my stupid carrot-in-lip trick. She would laugh so hard I loved it! Her laugh is so darling and totally contagious. Glad you had fun with them!
That water picture is insane!
FINALLY...pictures of SAID visitors:)
Fun visit you all had! Is Grant really the same size as Sarah?! Crazy...
Post a Comment