Today has been a wonderful Mother's Day. It's been a pretty mellow day, but so great and very much needed. I was surprised with a beautiful bouquet of flowers when I woke up, then we went to church this morning, took naps and watched the Jazz game this afternoon, and had a delicious dinner (including appetizers, filet mignon, green salad, asparagus with Hollandaise sauce, twice baked potatoes, and Martinelli's sparkling apple juice...and don't forget Ben & Jerry's for dessert!) prepared by Steve and Sarah tonight.
It's so nice to have a day dedicated to mothers. It's amazing to think of my own children who allow me to be a mother. I love them dearly and I'm so thankful to have had this day to reflect on all the reasons why I love and appreciate them.
I quickly then turn to my own mother who I love so much. Apart from being a hoot at all times she is a wonderful and caring mother. I've never met anyone willing to give so much to her children. She's not a woman of many words, but when she does use them, you'd better listen. A few of the lessons she always taught me growing up: be honest, even when you know it will get you in trouble; respect...always respect your parents, teachers, friends; work, and work HARD, and work hard at everything; live the gospel and love it. I love my mom so much and I'm so grateful for her on this day.
While thinking of mothers I also think of Steve's mom. She is an incredible woman. She is incredibly in tune with the spirit and is an inspiration to me on so many levels. I'm so grateful that she raised Steve the way she did and that he has so many of her qualities.
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
You are a great mom to such cute kids! I can't wait to finally meet little Grant and play with Sarah all by myself!! Glad you had a good Mother's Day I would have loved to be there for that meal it made my mouth water just reading about it. See you guys soon!!
Hey there! I hear that you're on the move to Detroit, but when you're there are settled, you really MUST put your bows on Etsy.com. You've probably heard of it, but it's like the ebay for handmade goods (with no bidding). It's super popular right now and free to post. You get your own site and it's fabulous.
I never had a chance to thank you for the bows you sent me and stace. They are DARLING and we were fighting over each and every one :) We couldn't believe how many you sent us! How incredibly kind of you.
Thanks again and do the world a favor by selling them... even though Ella has a lot of hair, they are the only bows with clips that stay put in her fine hair. Amazing. Good luck with the move!
KC--I don't know if anyone told you, but Mother's Day is in May and now it's August. You need to POST something NEW. Let me put it to you plainly: put up, or shut up!
Hi Kacey! Cute blog. I went to dinner the other night with Jodi Ide and Beckah. The said to google my name and see what sites came up. Your blog came up with the picture from the 10 year reunion. Too funny. It was great to see you at Liesel's wedding. I love the piggy backs you made. Are you selling them yet?
c'mon girl!! update for us would ya?
we miss you! every time ruby wears one of your bows she KNOWS you made it and says "kasey's bow?"
awwww :)
Where are the pictures of the b-day boy? (and girl--Happy 30th to you...boy are you getting old:)! We want pictures, we want pictures, we want pictures!
Post a Comment