Sunday, May 17, 2009

7 Things

Just the other day (and in my book, that time frame covers up to one year ago) Annie tagged me to list seven things about me that aren't necessarily apparent. So, here goes....

1. I don't mind cutting onions. For some reason I don't cry when I do it. Growing up, it seemed like cutting onions was always my job and maybe I've built up a tolerance. It's one area where I feel tough....lame, I know, but true.
2. People talk about having a sweet tooth, but I truly believe I have a mouth full of sweet teeth. I get this from my grandfather, Pop. I always think about treats and sweets. In fact, I have to limit myself to one day per week of eating sweets. If I don't restrict myself, all I eat is sugar. I am no good at moderation...it's all or nothing. I remember when I was in about fourth grade I used to sneak a mason jar full of powdered sugar in my room. I kept it hidden in the back of my closet and would enjoy a few spoonfuls whenever I "needed" it. I can vividly remember loving the soft sugar melt in my mouth.
3. I like to act like I know what I'm talking about. Sometimes I have no idea about a certain subject, but that doesn't stop me from creating an opinion in that instant. I'm not always full of it, just once in a while. Jane, Annie, & Steve are the only ones who regularly call me on it.
4. Deep down I think I'm an organized person, but on the surface I struggle. I dream of having a home with an attic or cottage just for me and my creative things....all sorts of shelves and cubbies for perfect access and organization, lots of natural light, a big counter-height table in the middle, at least two desks for different purposes, my sewing table/machine, and a great sound system. (this is one of Martha Stewart's craft rooms. for more photos, go here.)
5. I used to work at my dream job and was surprised by how hard it was to stay home full time. Then I tried working part-time from home...that was much harder. Now I stay home all the time with my kids and I love it. I am grateful to have had a fabulous career, but I know my real work (also a huge privilege) is right now--at home with my Sarah & Grant.
6. I fell in love with Steve twice: once when I was 17 and again when I was 24. I'm still in love and I'm 30.Christmas 2008
7. I love to make lists and tape them up on walls where I pass many times a day. I love the feeling I get when I get to check a box. It's almost better than sugar...almost! I sometimes put things like 'eat breakfast', 'shower', 'brush teeth' on my lists just so I can check more boxes.

1 comment:

Jane said...

In reference to #7, you should also add "sleep" and "eat" to your list.