Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween

We had such a fun Halloween yesterday. Not only were we feeling well enough to leave the house (we'd all been sick the whole week), but we got to trick-or-treating! Sarah was absolutely thrilled to dress up as her favorite princess Giselle (from Disney's Enchanted). She was able to wear her flower girl dress again from Michelle's wedding. When I brought it out to get ready for Halloween Sarah literally hugged the dress for over five minutes! She is such a girl! I let her wear the dress most of the day and everywhere we went she told people how "beautiful and lovely" she was. Love that girl! For the past few months I'd ask Sarah what Grant should be for Halloween and she always wanted him to be Prince Edward. So I used some leftover fabric from a previous project and below is what we ended up with. The weather was perfect for trick-or-treating and the kids were not one bit cold. We only visited houses on our block and Sarah came back with tons of candy and even a teddy bear! "Giselle" in our front yard chomping at the bit to go trick-or-treating.
"Prince Edward" looking so very pleased with his costume. Grant hated the arms, but as long as he had his sword in hand he was happy.
Our local Walgreen's was doing free photos today so Steve and I took the kids. I love how Grant is holding on to Sarah and she is looking so sweetly at him.
"Giselle & Prince Edward" It was Steve's idea for Grant to go without pants for a more authentic look. Pretty adorable!

6 comments:

Sara said...

bwaaaaaaaaaaahaha!! kasey, they are so so cute! grant's bare legs totally made me crack up -- love it! they are the perfect giselle & prince edward! makes me want to see that movie again :)

great job w/ the costumes!!
yay for photos! M&R will be so excited to see Sarah & Grant!

Madsen Family said...

Um, I think I stumbled across the wrong blog...Is this Kasey Later's blog? How could it be because she doesn't have pictures on her blog!??

Har, har. The costumes are darling and once again I am astounded by your sewing skills. However, I personally was affronted by the fact that Grant was not wearing pant!? More authentic to which time period?? The time period wherein men wore diapers and fluffy shirts with shoes and socks? At least he's super cute. LOVE IT. And am so happy to see an update with photos. Can't wait to see you soon..

Natalie said...

Your kids look absolutely darling!!

tiffany said...

I love the costumes! Nice sewing skills...did you attach the outfit to his onesie or where they seperate? Glad to hear that you are doing well!

Nelson Family said...

I love the costumes! They look soo cute

Jane said...

Props to you, Kase! You truly are a domestic goddess - those costumes are amazing! I'm so lucky to have such cute nieces and nephews!