Sunday, March 6, 2011

The twins are here!

Annie and Ryan's twins arrived early this morning at 1:36. Annie went in to the hospital last night around 9:30 and because of her pre-eclampsia the doctor decided to go ahead with a C-section. Alexander was born first at 1:36, weighing 6 lbs. 1 oz. and 20 inches long. Nicholas came next at 1:39, weighing 6 lbs. 3 oz and 19 inches long. Mom, Sarah and I went after church to meet the boys and they are absolutely adorable! Here are a few pictures of them at about 13 hours old....

Nicholas, one proud daddy, Alexander

Alexander, Granny, Nicholas
Nicholas

Nicholas
Alexander

Nicholas
Alexander
Alexander and Nicholas
Alexander and Nicholas


10 comments:

Jane said...

Congratulations Annie and Ryan!!! I can't wait to meet these two little guys!

Madsen Family said...

oh, i can't even take it--they are soooooo cute. what fun. having a baby is magical and just multiply that by two. how precious. seriously cannot wait to meet them. as in, i'm booking my tickets RIGHT NOW. congrats!!!!

stacey said...

Thanks for the pictures! The boys are so darling. I am so excited for all of you!

Melanie said...

so cute! congratulations annie! they are so precious. i love the names (same twin names from full house! :) tell her i hope her recovery goes well!

Lesley said...

Darling boys, and I love that they look SO different, no one will ever wonder if they were switched up at some point :)

Beautiful pics! I've never had a chance to take newborn portraits for twins... how fun for you!

Jamie said...

Wow!! They are adorable and so big and look so healthy!! I am so happy for Annie, she made it and she did an awesome job! I am happy for Ryan too, of course :) Thanks for the pics Kasey!

Margi said...

Holy Cow!!! John was 6 lbs. 3 oz. She had TWO?!? Amazing. Hope her recovery is okay. I'm so glad you're there for her!

Perry's said...

Oh my gosh they are adorable. I can't believe those came out of little Annie I would have thought they would weigh less. I hope they are all doing well. I am sure she loves having you close by.

Kaitlin said...

Send my congratulations to Annie! I tried to call her the other day, but I see now that she has had her hands full! What adorable boys. I am so happy for Annie and Ryan.

And congrats to you guys in regards to residency. The whole medical school thing is a long road, isn't it :)

Brian and Ann said...

They are totally beautiful. Congratulations. It brings back memories of Eric and Sarah's twins two years ago. We couldn't be happier for you. Brian and Ann