Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

I don't usually do a ton for Valentine's Day and this year wasn't much different. We did manage to make sugar cookies which we gave to a few friends. However, the real project for Valentine's was the twirly, ruffly skirt I made for Sarah. I think it fits her personality to a "T"....it's all shades of pink, it's perfect for twirling, and it's all girl! She wore it for her preschool Valentine Party and also to church today. I was inspired by Dana at MADE and I had a great time figuring out how to make the skirt look right. I am totally happy with it and I'm already planning another one!

5 comments:

Sara said...

Please tell me how you made that skirt!! What kind of fabric(s) did you use, etc? I looooove it!

Miss you! We need to chat and catch up.

Jane said...

I love it! That last picture is my favorite. She sure has the natural ability to pose for the camera...wonder where that comes from???

Andrea said...

Oh my holy cuteness Batman!!! I LOVE that skirt!

Perry's said...

You never cease to amaze me! That skirt is adorable and I agree it is totally her!! I bet she just loves it.

madsenhut said...

LOVE the skirt, Kasey. Yet another example of your mad skills with fabric and a sewing maching. How ever do you do it? See you soon!