Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Fun to have visitors!

Collete came to visit for a week and we just said good-bye yesterday. It was so much fun to have her visit. We can't wait for her to come again! Here are some of our favorite highlights:
  • taking her to Greenfield Village
  • building two benches for the living room (I love that Collette not only puts up with, but willingly helps me with all my crazy ideas)
  • eating a delicious dinner in Mexican Town
  • eating "Custees" (frozen custard around the corner)
  • going on pony rides at Elizabeth Park (Sarah rode Chili and Grant rode Bucky and they both were absolutely thrilled...I was a little nervous for Grant, but he did great)
  • making 5 posies for Christie's wedding
  • seeing Sherri & Shayne
  • eating the best hamburger in my life at Thurman's in Columbus
  • raspberry picking with Sherri & Collette
  • birthday cake #2 for Steve
On the Model T ride at Greenfield Village...always a favorite for Grant.

Sarah & Collette tried on lots of hat at Greenfield Village.
We had at least three "tea parties," full of small sandwiches, cut up fruit, juice, and of course dress-ups!
Making the posies for Christie's wedding...hope she likes them!
Birthday cake #2...Sarah is dying to blow out the candles.


Raspberry picking in Ohio, near Sherri's home.
Lunch at Thurman's....best hamburger ever!
Grant loves petting horses. Every time he goes on a ride he gets to go on Bucky, the smallest horse I've ever seen.



"Are you sure this is safe?"

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey guys! I found you on Sherri's page...I promise we aren't stalking you! ;)
Your kids are so cute and getting so big! It has been too long since we have seen you guys! Hope all is well and we can keep in touch through blogging! :)

Jane said...

I think my favorite part of all of this is the Ben & Jerry's on the table during your project time. A necessity!

Madsen Family said...

How cute are those dang horses? Love it! We love to have visotrs, too. Any time, my friend. It was sooooooooo good to see you on the Tour! Hope you're doing well!