Monday, December 10, 2007

Kite Runner

I did something today that made me feel like a normal person again. I must say that there certainly is an adjustment period after having a second baby. For almost ten weeks I've felt just a little behind in everything, feeling like I'm never on time, never quite prepared, never quite presentable...but today I did something that gives me hope that I can be a normal person. I finished a book! And I'm not talking about one of Sarah's board books, I'm talking about a real novel written for grown-ups. For months I've heard people talking about The Kite Runner and I even bought it last June. I started reading it in July and then became busy with other things. I began reading it again about ten days ago. And today I finished it! I really enjoyed the book and would suggest it to anyone. There are some very intense parts, so be warned...but overall I was impressed with the theme of introspection and being true to oneself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found your blog because Jenna actually came across it randomly one day!! How fun and so high tech!! I am impressed Kasey!! I love the Kite Runner, but his second book Under a Thousand Splendid Suns is even better. It is about women in Afghanistan. You must read it! Have you seen the move Kite Runner?